Fluoride Free Cover and Drossing Flux for Magnesium and Other Aluminium Alloys
This is a fluoride-free cover flux, specifically designed for use in applications where a protective cover is required for extended holding times in reverberatory-type furnaces or crucibles. Also proven to be a viable drossing flux under certain circumstances in the main hearth of large reverberatory type furnaces.
Unlike other commercially available cover fluxes, Pyroflux 335 is uniquely fluoride free to greatly reduce the chance of a thermitic reaction occurring during extended holding times.
- Use at a temperature of 1350ºF (732ºC) or higher.
- For optimum results, broadcast at a rate of ¼–½ inch (6–12 mm) spread evenly over the entire vessel of a freshly skimmed, clean metal surface.
- The entire surface of metal must be covered with flux to prevent further oxidation of the bath.
- Do not disturb the surface after application until ready for use.
- When removing the cover, add a small addition of any drossing flux, rabble well into the bath and skim as usual.
- As in all skimming operations, care should be taken not to “re-wet” the newly fluxed dross.
Physical Properties and Product Blend
- Pyroflux 335 is a white powder flux containing sodium chloride, potassium chloride and potassium nitrate.
Quality castings begin with proper fluxing practices. Contact your Pyrotek Sales Engineer to determine the appropriate flux for your operation. 866-Pyrotek (866-797-6835)