Sodium Free Injectable Drossing Flux for Hyper-eutectic Aluminium Alloys
This is an injectable flux recommended for use with the hyper-eutectic silicon casting alloys in conjunction with flux injection / rotary degassing systems.
Hyper-eutectic aluminum is an alloy that contains silicon above 11% (~12-18% or even higher). It is sodium free, blended for higher silicon alloys containing phosphorous or some other type of modifier.
This flux works exceptionally well where the controlled addition rate is minimal and constricted by a relatively short degassing cycle. An ideal additive for the metal caster that maintains critical specific gravities because of its ability to not only maintain certain levels but also increase levels.
- Recommended operating temperature for this flux is to be above 1325˚F (718ºC) for optimum results in both metallic reduction in dross and good scavenging ability throughout the treated melt.
- Helps maintain critical specific gravities.
- Sodium-free fluxes are used in hyper-eutectic alloys since sodium can interfere with phosphorus grain refining.
Physical Properties and Product Blend
- Pyroflux 369 is a cream-white powder flux containing potassium sulfate and potassium silicofluoride.
- It has the addition of potassium sulfate to support higher temperature applications.
- It allows the flux to fire in alloys pouring at higher temperatures.
Quality castings begin with proper fluxing practices. Contact your Pyrotek Sales Engineer to determine the appropriate flux for your operation. 866-Pyrotek (866-797-6835)